What We Teach
Tom Academy offers campus degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media and arts. Offering photography, videography and editing courses, Tom’s approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
Tom Academy gives a wider range of film making courses including Directing, Script Writing, Acting, Cinematography, Lighting and Camera Operation.
Our photography courses starts from gear choices to advanced photography techniques to color correction and retouching.
The final stage of film making, post production. We teach linear video and photo editing, color correction and visual effects.
Tom Award is a short film award ceremony which is held every year to create an exposure for our students and also build a constructive competition between them.
There are eight categories in the competition, which are, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Sound, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Director, and Best Film.
There are three rounds to select the winners.
1st and 2nd Round competition will be done by our instructors and the nominees for every category will be selected in this round.
The judges for the final round competition are the well-known famous performers in the industry.
Tom Award 2011 Winners
1. Best Sound – Keras Til /Anteneh Kebede/
2. Best Actress – Enkokelesh /Martha Debele/
3. Best Actor – Meba / Abebe Assefa/
4. Best Editing – Keras Til / Selamawit Yismaw/
5. Best Cinematography – Weakness /Yared Tesfaye/
6. Best Screenplay – Sigibgib /Kilkiyas Dejene/
7. Best Directing – Enen Say /Lidya Mitiku/
8. Best Film – Enen Say
Tom Award 2012 Winners
1. Best Sound – Aykerem /Elias Balkew/
2. Best Actress – Berhan /Kalkidan Yoseph/
3. Best Actor – Aykerem /Yoseph Muasho/
4. Best Editing – Ayikerem /Kedus Estifanos/
5. Best Cinematography - Aykerem /Ashenafi Mesfin/
6. Best Screenplay – Berhan /Dagnew Amare/
7. Best Directing – Aykerem /Ashenafi Mesfin/
8. Best Film – Aykerem